Santa Clara County Green Party
Demanding the Impeachment of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Gonzales
A RESOLUTION OF THE GREEN PARTY OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA in defense of the Constitution of the United States demanding the impeachment of George W. Bush, Richard B. Cheney and two complicit associates.
Whereas the Declaration of Independence declares securing "unalienable Rights" including "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" to be the purpose of government and
Whereas the Constitution of the United States establishes the firm foundation for our rule of law and its Bill of Rights provides for the precious individual rights and freedoms guaranteed to all American citizens,
Whereas, in the conduct of their offices, President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, in violation of their constitutional oaths to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution" and to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed," have committed any or all of the following "high Crimes and Misdemeanors:"
1. WARRANTLESS SEARCHES: ordering the National Security Agency to conduct secret warrantless searches and seizures of the private personal communications of American citizens, without oversight by the legislative or judicial branches of the government, in violation of the 4th Amendment of the Constitution and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Congress (FISA 1978);
2. TORTURE: authorizing and permitting torture against human beings, in violation of the Geneva Conventions (1864-1949) and the United Nations Convention against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (1985);
3. INDEFINITE DETENTION: depriving American citizens of their constitutionally guaranteed rights regarding unjust imprisonment and speedy and public trial, in violation of their rights to guaranteed liberty and due process of law in the 5th and 6th Amendments;
4. WAR OF AGGRESSION: launching an illegal, unjust and undeclared war against the sovereign state of Iraq, in violation of Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution and Chapters 1, 6, and 7 of the Charter of the United Nations (1945);
5. USE OF ILLEGAL WEAPONS: authorizing the use of illegal chemical and radioactive weapons in military campaigns, notably white phosphorous and depleted uranium in Iraq, in violation of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR 1948);
6. DELIBERATE DECEPTIONS: repeatedly, consciously, and with forethought, lying to the American people and the U.S. Congress by providing false and deceptive rationales for an unjustified and illegal war in Iraq, obstructing justice by destroying evidence, and covering up the truth about the 9-11 attacks;
7. ATTACKING CIVILIANS: authorizing, ordering, and condoning direct military attacks on civilians and civilian homes and communities, thereby causing widespread death, maiming and destruction in Iraq, in violation of Article 3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; and
8. VIOLATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL TREATIES: violating and unilaterally abrogating lawful signatory treaties, such as the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (1972) between the United States and Russia, the Treaty of Rome (1950) establishing the International Criminal Court and the Geneva Conventions providing for humane treatment of combatants and civilians, in violation of Article VI of the Constitution acknowledging these treaties to be "the Supreme Law of the Land."
Therefore, the Green Party of Santa Clara County demands the impeachment and consequent removal from office of the four aforementioned officials.
Be it further resolved that the Green Party of Santa Clara County petitions the House of Representatives of the U.S. Congress to initiate Impeachment proceedings against all four identified officials.
Be it further resolved that copies of this Resolution be sent to our Congressional representatives.
Resolution passed at the Monthly Meeting on March 7, 2006 in Sunnyvale, California.
Return to- www.carolforcongress.org