- The Eurasian Century is Now Unstoppable
- California petitions to become first state to offer ObamaCare to illegal immigrants
- Bill Clinton calls Obamacare ‘the craziest thing in the world'
- Fake News and False Flags
- United States Suspends Contact With Russia Over Syria Impasse
- Covert strikes on Assad back on US table to prevent ‘fall of Aleppo’ – report
- How Much Gold and Silver Do You Need For Retirement?
- The USA’s Day Of Reckoning (Hidden Secrets Of Money, Episode 7)
- Forget ‘too big to fail’ — the new concern is banks too weak to survive
- There is a new form of climate denialism to look out for – so don't celebrate yet
- Florida Faces "Biggest Evacuation Ever" As Hurricane Matthew Looms
Five of us met at Ynternet headquarters near Lausanne, Switzerland on 4th and 5th to discuss development of the credit commons idea. I reported many positive experiences this year as he talked about the white paper with different people. I also reaffirmed that I didn’t know what leadership meant, but did understand the role of ‘holding the vision’. We agreed that in practice and for this kind of project, leadership is distributed.
We caught on the gossip about some exchange projects, most notably the forthcoming 'Leman' currency in Geneva.
Then for the rest of the day we discussed the approach for a 2017 CAPS proposal. We thought it was important to include business barter more than the social currencies, and as such, we will seek to engage Sardex as the prime project partner, aware that they may have many competing offers for CAPS partnerships! On the second day we considered our technological progress. Lucas Huber, working independently, remotely presented the Moneygrid design which extends the commercial-but-open Interledger Protocol to work with mutual credit systems. Interledger doesn’t have governance built-in though, as would be possible with smart contracts.
I presented Rogelio’s work in Ethereum. This also is not a full implementation of credit commons, because the fractal dimension and built-in governance was turning out to be pretty complex, nonetheless it does enough to replace clearing central. Before we can use it we need to document the contracts function calls as an API. I hoped that more blockchain expertise might be forthcoming.
We then turned to structuring and directing our work using broadly sociocratic methods. By the end of the meeting all five people present had accepted a role.
- Lead link
- Sybille Saint Girons
- Fundraising (CAPS)
- Thanasis Priftis
- Katalin Hausel
- Institutional Relationships
- Tim Anderson
- Matthew Slater
- To be determined
Looking forward to another face-to-face meeting around the complementary currency conference in Spain May 10th-14th!
“When faced with the massive crises of our time, the most logical response is paralysis. What can an individual possibly do about something so massive and complex?”
- Deutsche reawakens systemic fears amid talk of ‘Lehman moment’
- Spain Increases Advance Tax Payments for Large Companies
- Italy set to cut growth forecast, up debt
- IMF warns over China's 'dangerous' debt load
- Mexico’s Pemex Sells $4 Billion in Bonds, Carries Out Debt Swap
- Bond yields will be no higher in 2021 than they are now
- Why Japan’s Godzilla-sized stimulus is a threat to investors
- Japan's monetary base hits record high for 10th straight month in September
- Global Inflation Falls to Seven-Year Low
- Report outlines how ECB could use #HelicopterMoney legally and independently
- Bill Gross of Janus warns financial markets have become 'a Vegas casino'
- This ‘bubble blind’ Fed is going to trigger another brutal recession
- Italy Markets Debut 50-Year Bond
- Prevailing Gray Swans: The Clear and Present Danger List for the Week Ending September 30, 2016
- Collapsing Global Trade Growth Foreshadows Crash
- Merk Insights: The End Of Dollar Dominance?
- Spain Is Without A National Government (And Spaniards Are Digging It)
- The Cobalt Pipeline
- Next ‘Renewable Energy’: Burning Forests, if Senators Get Their Way
- Is The Oil Price War Finally Over?
- California Drought Enters Its 6th Year
Fall harvest is here and it is time to start putting up your starchy tubers for the winter from the garden. Here are things to consider for curing and storing your potatoes to get the most out of your crop.
- Kerry said he lost argument to back Syria diplomacy with force: NYT
- The New SDR Is Here! (FREEPOM)
- Deutsche Bank Collapse: The Most Important Bank In Europe Is Facing A Major ‘Liquidity Event’
- As Predicted, Deutsche Bank Is Failing, ATMs Go Dark on Jubilee End Day
- JS Mineset: In The News Today
- Oil Rig Builders Tap Into Offshore Wind Market
- Recalculating The Climate Math
- Is Dry Farming the Next Wave in a Drought-Plagued World?