On this site we discuss the large predicaments the world faces. A question that often arises, especially at our annual seminars is: Given these challenges, how should I be? What outlook and behaviors will better help me meet what's coming?
This week's podcast gets quite existential. Chris sits down with Stephen Jenkinson, an author and thinker who a number of Peak Prosperity readers have requested come on the show. Jenkinson's specialization is grief and dying -- through his decades of work in these fields, he has developed a series of observations on what it means to live, and thereby die, with meaning.
- 19 Things We Learned from the 2016 Election
- Obama asks intel community to conduct “full review” of election-related hacks
- Trump’s Honeymoon Begins: Confidence in the Economy Is Booming
- FBI sent planeload of agents to frame Assange in Iceland, got snubbed by minister
- Fighting For The Poor Under Trump
- How NASA is rehearsing for a mission to Mars
- Trump team memo asks Energy Department about cost of carbon
- The violent costs of the global palm oil boom
- Uniquely, the next president will not rely on the mainstream media to get his messages out
- Future candidates no longer need the mainstream platform to raise campaign funds
- The current "fake news" witchhunt is threadbare and already being debunked
- How to identify truth from fiction (in any media outlet) & stay well-informed
In Part 1, we examined the transition from a corporate mainstream media serving a captive audience to the wide-open democracy of the Internet-enabled independent media.
How will this structural transition affect the political and social spheres going forward? How can you improve your ability to identify trustworthy information in the current landscape of controlled mass media & wildly fragmented alternative voices?A President Who Is Not Beholden to the Mainstream Media
In a historically unprecedented show of homogeneity, the mainstream media unanimously endorsed Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential campaign. In essence, the MSM covered Trump only when his success forced them to, and when his gaffes and provocative comments made good copy.
Regardless of your views of the two candidates, this media-wide bias in favor of one candidate was remarkable.
Despite this media-wide endorsement, Hillary Clinton lost the Electoral College and the election. In my view, this is the first time in recent U.S. history where a unanimous endorsement of a candidate by the national media failed to persuade the overwhelming majority of voters. While many will blame the Democratic National Committee (DNC) for the defeat, or point to the Democratic candidate’s weaknesses, the reality remains that weak candidates with heavy media backing have won in the past.
In my view, the mainstream media’s failure to persuade the citizenry cannot be pinned solely on the losing party or candidate. It reflects a profound erosion of the MSM’s influence and trustworthiness.
Back when the mainstream media held a monopolistic lock on print, broadcast and radio content and distribution...
Why is the mainstream media freaking out right now?
For the first time in American history, the entire weight of the corporate mainstream media failed to persuade the citizenry. With advertising revenues sliding along with the citizens' trust, the MSM is flailing about in a self-destructive fit of hubris.
Having a well stocked set of supplies and preparations for emergency and disaster situations is one of the biggest steps one can take to being more resilient and prepared for an uncertain future. Below is quick reference infographic for you to learn about and take stock of the essential survival kit items you will need.
A list of projects and tasks that make great use of your dark and cold winter hours. Get ready for warmer days and be prepared for the next growing season.
- The March of the Billionaires: On Trump’s Bait and Switch
- How To Save For Retirement
- Washington Post admits article on ‘Russian propaganda’ & ‘fake news’ based on sham research
- Top Hedge Funds Predict How It All Will End
- Gold Versus Dollar Devaluations
- Crude Rises Ahead Of Non-OPEC Meeting
- This Kansas farmer fought a government program to keep his farm sustainable.
Here’s an update from the front lines. Thanks to your continued support, Adam and I are able to carry the Peak Prosperity message out to an ever-increasing audience of both size and influence.
One of the recent trends has been to present at wealth conferences, where an assortment of big money managers converge to share ideas, shake hands with old friends and meet new people.
I’m just leaving the Opal Wealth Conference recently held at Laguna Beach CA. Here's what I learned.
- Profiting off Mistrust: the Highs and Lows of News Media
- Stemming The Tide Of Fake News
- David McWilliams: 'It is almost certain that there will be another euro crisis in 2017'
- Snowden leaks reveal NSA snooped on in-flight mobile calls
- 5 Potential Offshore Traps You Should RUN From
- Permian - Hottest Oil & Gas Zip Codes, Or Dangerous Bubble?
- Trump win opens way for China to take climate leadership role
- Stephen Hawking: This Is The Most Dangerous Time For Our Planet