- Slaughter on the streets: Brazilian city sees its murder rate go up 650% after police go on strike, with 52 murders in just THREE DAYS across lawless region
- The U.S. military's stats on deadly airstrikes are wrong. Thousands have gone unreported
- Silver Market Set Up For Much Higher Price Move Than Gold
- U.S. Exorbitant Privilege At Risk?!
- David Stockman – Get out of Stocks Now!
- Goldman Stunned By Collapse In Gasoline Demand: "This Would Require A US Recession"
- Oil Prices Tank After API Reports 2nd Biggest Crude Build In U.S. History
- A Top Climate Scientist Blows the Whistle on Shoddy Climate Science
- The Next American Farm Bust Is Upon Us
Daily Digest 2/8 - U.S. Pensions Slashing Forecasts, ECB to Trump: ‘We Are Not Currency Manipulators’
- Illinois Faces Further Downgrades If Budget Deal Not Reached
- US pension funds are slashing their forecasts...and some don't even think they'll meet those
- Investors fear "accident" as Greek debt repayment nears
- Officials Shortchange School Pension Fund 7th Year In Row
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf seeks cuts, revenues to plug $3B budget gap
- Italy's Target2 deficit rises to new record high in January
- U.K. Faces Austerity as Brexit Weighs on Deficit, IFS Says
- Premier Brad Wall says Saskatchewan deficit has climbed to $1.2 billion
- Malloy To Unveil Budget As State Tries To Tackle $1.7 Billion Deficit
- Justin Trudeau following his dad's bad fiscal planning
- Young Americans Would Rather Disclose Their STDs Than Their Debt
- Japan finmin reiterates pledge against competitive FX devaluation
- European Central Bank to Trump: ‘We Are Not Currency Manipulators’
- Moody's warns growing debt weighs on Mexico's rating
- Draghi Says Euro Is Irreversible as Le Pen Urges French Exit
- China Reserves Edge Below $3 Trillion as Yuan Pressure Increases
If it wasn't crystal clear just weeks ago, it is now: The economy as it stands is currently positioned in direct opposition to social and environmental objectives. For the sake of the wellbeing of our communities, our children, and our planet, it is imperative we change the voracious path of our consumption culture and consider how we might create opportunities for people to find meaningful work.
To my eye, society is fraying apart. People are confused, angry, isolated, and increasingly willing to fight each other. Formerly peaceful resistance is turning into violence. Our baser emotions like fear, anger -- rage, even-- are now bubbling at the surface.
It's entirely reasonable for people to be experiencing such emotions right now. But in most cases, their anger is misdirected.
- America’s Problem with Student Loans Is Much Bigger Than Anybody Realized
- Malloy proposes “colossal cost transfer” onto towns for Connecticut teacher pensions
- Ex-CIA officials say Trump’s travel ban has “no national security purpose”
- America’s New Opposition
- Are We Likely To See A Clash Over Resources In The South China Sea?
- Why Is There A Vegetable Shortage?
- Pollution-fighting Vertical Forest buildings coming to China
- Herbal Antibiotics: An Eye-Opener
- Marine Le Pen Echoes Trump’s Bleak Populism in French Campaign Kickoff
- The First 100 Tweets
- Extreme Vetting, But Not For Banks
- Why Grandpa Is Homeless
- Oh Snap!
- Stability Is Good for Business. Trump’s Whims Threaten It
- Exxon, Rex, and Russia: A Deep Drilling
- Trump could approve a giant merger that's scaring American farmers
Ever wanted locate a post on PeakProsperity.com that you read some time ago?
At the top right of every page on this website is our "site search" box (it's highlighted in the red rectangle below). You can use it to find past articles/videos/groups/comments/etc on any topic of interest to you:
For too long, the quality of our search results was mediocre at best. But no more.
Grant Williams, publisher of the economic blog Things That Make You Go Hmmm and principal of Real Vision TV, returns to the podcast this week to discuss his expectation of a return of volatility to the markets.
Grant warns that over the past seven years, the various financial markets around the globe have melded into a single world market dominated by trading algorithms and the central banks. This new system only knows how to operate effectively in one direction: Up.
Grant is very concerned that a return of volatility will act as a wrench tossed into the gears, quickly throwing the world financial system into panic.
- How To Build An Autocracy
- On the same day Rex Tillerson is confirmed, the House votes to kill a transparency rule for oil companies
- Trump Signs Executive Orders Rolling Back Dodd-Frank, Fiduciary Rule
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Rules Against Presidential Debate Commission
- CALPERS Trying to Cover-Up Leaks of their Mismanagement
- Apocalypse island: Tech billionaires are building boltholes in New Zealand because they now fear social collapse or nuclear war. So what do they know that we don't?
- A Large Crack Appeared In The Global Market... And No One Noticed
- Another Travel Ban: IRS Moves To Revoke Passports For Unpaid Taxes
- Long time U.S. vassal state Japan to bypass dollar and SWIFT to transact using China's CIPS system in inter-bank settlement
- Record radiation level detected inside damaged Fukushima reactor
- Iceberg lettuces and broccoli rationed as vegetable crisis hits supermarkets
In this week's Off The Cuff podcast, Chris and Mish Shedlock discuss:
- Trouble In Europe
- The end of the Eurozone experiment may be nigh
- Our Justice System
- Where to the Supreme Court?
- Trump's Shake Up
- Will he make it 4 full years?
- Gold Strength
- The metal and the miners are looking better
Mish returns this week to discuss the brewing stormclouds in Europe. As nationalist candidates gain popularity, growth slows, refugee challenges persist, and friction with the US builds, the binds between the countries in the Eurozone are weakening quickly.
Click to listen to a sample of this Off the Cuff Podcast or Enroll today to access the full audio and other premium content today.
Running PeakProsperity.com requires me to read and process a lot of data on a daily basis. As it's hard to digest it all in real-time, I keep a running list of charts, tables and articles that catch my attention, to return to when I have the time to give them my full attention.
Lately, that list has been getting quite long. And it's largely full of indicators that concern me, signals that the long era of "extend and pretend" in today's markets may finally be at its terminus.
Like crows circling overhead, everyday brings with it new worrisome statistics that portend an ill change ahead. Indeed, these signs are increasing so quickly now that it's hard not to feel like Tippi Hedren in Hitchcock's classic The Birds.
- Animated map shows the history of immigration to the U.S.
- After a massive backlash, a Republican yanks his bill to sell off public lands
- This 3,500-Year-Old Greek Tomb Upended What We Thought We Knew About the Roots of Western Civilization
- One Man’s Quest to Hack His Own Genes
- Tesla’s Battery Revolution Just Reached Critical Mass
- Team discovers key to restoring great tomato flavor
- Trump is a threat to the Paris agreement. Can states like California defend it?
- Take Three Zucchinis and Call Me in the Morning: The Power of Produce Prescriptions