- Signs to Watch for a Major Peak in Stocks and Impending Bear Market
- The Demolition Of Workers' Comp
- The East India Company: The original corporate raiders
- Investing in Utility Stocks the Right Way
- Small Quaker Group Takes Aim at Big Bank and Wins
- Global Crude Oil Production Growth Grinding To A Halt
- Salmon freezing to death in Nova Scotia
- A plastic bag lobby exists, and it’s surprisingly tough
An interesting technique to growing mushrooms at home (Shiitake and Oyster) using the PF Tek method that is great for beginners. Article adapted from the book: The Essential Guide to Cultivating Mushrooms by Stephen Russell.
- China’s Debt Binge Spawns Asset-Backed Bond Boom: Credit Markets
- Japan Monetary Base Surges 36.7% In February
- Draghi's Rescue Plan Has Created a $103 Billion Problem
- Schlumberger Debt Signals Free Cash as Stimulus Distorts Markets
- Negative Yields Buy Security
- Russian Wealth Fund Falls Most Since 2010 as Deficit Widens
- Australia's net foreign debt approaches $1 trillion, trade figures show
- Bond Funds Brace for Outflows With Push Into Corporate-Debt ETFs
- In Negative-Yield World, Actavis Shows Little Goes Long Way
- Ukraine Debt Ratio Breaches Eurobond Terms With Russia
- Opinion: Slowing U.S. economy is inconvenient truth
- Austria sells bonds at negative yield
- Denmark intervenes in currency market in big way
- Only mass default will end the world's addiction to debt
- Spiraling pension costs may send Hollywood over financial cliff, experts warn
- Massachusetts public college retirees drive up six-figure pensions
- Greece taps public sector cash to help cover March needs - sources
- Argentina says creditors filed $7-8 billion more claims in debt battle
- N.J. municipalities group warns Christie's pension changes could trigger 'mass exodus' of workers
- McCain, Reed Want $577B Plus War Funding
Imagine an emergency occurs and you have to open your food storage only to discover that it’s not good anymore. That would be horrible.
How and where you store your food can have a huge impact on the life of your food storage. In this article we will explore various location requirements for maintaining your emergency food supply and keep it secure and at its best quality for when the time comes for you to use it.
Thinking about making a tiny house out of a shipping container? Inspired by the latest prefab house design? Here are 9 things you should consider before you buy a cargo shipping container.
Learn about 11 different ways you can reduce the plastic use and waste in your life and help your local and global communities be less burdened with plastic waste management.
- Red flags in Cuba slow investment
- Greek European deal: where are we?
- Why I believe everyone should work retail at some point in their lives
- Schiff: This time it’s different – it’s worse
- Private police carry guns and make arrests, and their ranks are swelling
- Supreme Court gives tacit approval for government to take anybody’s DNA
- Despite Oil Price Plunge, California Gasoline Prices Soar
- Goodbye Cow Milk, Hello Goat Milk
In 2006, Dr. Richard Warner opened Colorado Recovery, a treatment facility in Boulder, Colorado to serve people with serious mental illnesses. A UK-trained psychiatrist with 30 years of experience in the public sector in Boulder, Warner wanted to create a non-hospital treatment center that focused on respectful, compassionate, and optimistic care.
“We treat every client,” he says, “as if he or she were our next of kin.”
We’ve got an oil emergency brewing right now. I know that this idea runs utterly counter to the mainstream narrative of a shale oil bonanza that has us swimming in oil; but that’s why this site exists.
Within a year, possibly a little longer but not much, I think the price of oil is going to double from its current per barrel price of $50 US/$60 Brent.
7 wonderful ways to use common household items (some people call it trash) to serve as seedling pots and grow containers. Get a jumpstart with your indoor seed starting with these great ideas.
- Why the Gap Between Worker Pay and Productivity Is So Problematic
- Austerity Kills: Economic Distress Seen as Culprit in Sharp Rise in Suicide Rate Among Middle Aged
- Nearly Halted in Sierra Leone, Ebola Makes Comeback by Sea
- How Much More Economic Pain Can Vladimir Putin Take?
- Can We Fix Climate Change With Technology?
- A Week On My Bike
- Icy Stillness and Muted Fishing in a New England Port
- Extreme weather events in our future climate
Editor's note: J Rainsnow is a novelist. His unusual review of Bulding Co-operative Power: Stories and Strategies from Worker Co-Operatives in the Connecticut River Valley comes from an artist’s perspective, outside of that of most co-operators, organizers, and activists. His view is large and his grasp of details surprisingly rich.
Turn Me ON is an interactive urban installation by Happy City Lab in collaboration with Federal studio and Studio Corium. (Sébastien Puiatti via Happy City Lab)
More and more, those who have made long, successful careers in money management are realizing that the system has morphed into a strange beast they no longer recognize, nor trust.
Fear of epic, perhaps historic, dislocations in price when the current market reverses is causing more and more of the "smart money" to sell out now and seek safe harbor.
- Net neutrality passes in landmark FCC decision
- Out of Trouble, but Criminal Records Keep Men Out of Work
- China's Central Bank Cuts Rates Again to Boost Economy
- A Farewell To Mallrats
- U.S. Cuts Off Student-Loan Collectors for Misleading Debtors
- Big Beef
- Peak What?
- It's National CSA Sign Up Day!
A great infographic on the various plants one can find in the wilderness to survive on and consume in emergency situations.
Shareable has published many stories about the gift economy and living without money. While they're often inspiring and popular, they often bring up fear of survival. People ask, “Is this really possible for ME?” or “Will I become homeless or sick and die from poverty?” Personally, I've questioned whether living in the gift economy is realistic only for privileged, healthy people.